Window Replacement: What Wise Homeowners Need to Know
As spring approaches, residents prepare to remove, clean and store their storm windows. If you’ve grown tired of this annual spring chore and wish to improve the efficiency of worn-out windows, it might be the ideal time to install high-efficiency replacements. The variety of energy-efficient replacement windows has increased dramatically, and window styles vary widely to accent any architectural style.
Five Window Replacement Factors to Consider
Replacement windows are a major home investment, so it’s important to do your homework. Here are some Trusted tips to help you choose a quality window replacement that will last.
- Type of Material: Replacement windows are available in several materials, including vinyl, composite, fiberglass, wood and aluminum-clad. Vinyl and composite windows offer the greatest energy-efficiency at the most reasonable cost.
- Energy Rating: Choosing ENERGY STAR-rated replacement windows can save you seven to 15 percent on energy usage. Look for a low U-Value (0.2 to 1.2), which is an indicator of how efficiently the window retains heat inside your home.
- Type of Installation: If your window frames, interior and exterior trim are sound, there may be no need to replace the whole window unit. Many replacement installations consist of a frame within a frame, which is particularly useful for historical or architecturally unique homes.
- Manufacturer Warranty & Qualified Installers: Replacement windows should last 20 years or more. Look for an established manufacturer and reputable local installer who will stand behind their work.
- Window Styles & Options: You may only replace your home’s windows once, so look for variety and options that add to the curb appeal and comfort of your property. Consider changing window style for an upgraded look, and upgrade to features like Low-E glass to block harsh sunlight.
Marvin Integrity Brand Windows by the Trusted Team
Integrity replacement windows are built to perform, offering homeowners exceptional quality and variety. The Trusted Men have installed hundreds of these windows for satisfied Long Island homeowners. This superior line of replacement windows is manufactured by Marvin, a U.S. company that shares our Trusted values: quality workmanship, high-caliber products, and honest, customer–focused business practices.
The following features, among others, make Marvin’s Integrity line a proven value for our customers:
- High durability Ultrex fiberglass, which is eight times stronger than vinyl and three times stronger than composites.
- High-performance finish that won’t flake, chalk, peel or crack.
- Design options that include a variety of styles, colors and features.
- A high-quality wood-window alternative called Wood Ultrex.
- Energy efficiency that meets or exceeds ENERGY STAR ratings.
- 20-year warranty on glass seals and 10-year warranty on manufacturer’s defects.
Local Installation by a Company You Trust
If you’re considering window replacement during 2017, let the Trusted team demonstrate the advantages of Marvin’s Integrity line. Your satisfaction is our #1 priority, and we always offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee on our work. Call 855.TRUSTED today—or request a free estimate online.